Hey y’all! Sorry about the delay, Shaky Knees really screwed up my schedule but I’m back on track now, I won’t let you down next week! Did you have fun at the festival? I had an incredible time, even lost my glasses in the pit during Japandroids so sorry if there are any typos.
Thursday, May 10
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra on the Beltline : Historic Fourth Ward Park : 7:30 : ~free~
- It’s a beautiful day! A perfect time to hang with some friends in the park and listen to some Vivaldi, Rossini, and Mendelssohn. Go for a walk, set up some blankets, have a sneaky glass of wine and enjoy the sunset.
- Panda Bear w/ Geologist : Variety Playhouse : 7pm doors : $25
- Indie legends and members of Animal Collective take the Variety stage, prepare for some wild and catchy experimental pop music, this is not one to miss.
- Easter Island w/ Twin Studies : The Earl : 8pm doors : $8
- Local dreamy shoegazers Twin Studies return after a bit of a break playing with their Athens foil, Easter Island! Check it out if you like My Bloody Valentine, Alvvays, Explosions in the Sky, and Slowdive.
Friday, May 11
- The Delirium Ball : Railroad Earth : 7pm doors : $8-$10 suggested donation
- A night of music, art, and dance featuring Undesirable People all the way from Detroit, and plenty of local acts including Jay Americana, Indentikit, Mr, Allainious, and Soothsayer! Very diverse groups ranging from hip hop, funk, and ambient, there’s bound to be something for everyone here. And a perfect opportunity to check out Railroad Earth if you’ve never been!
- Thunderpussy w/ Midnight Larks : Vinyl : 7pm doors : $12
- Imagine if the beginning of Thor: Ragnarok starred for women instead of, well, Thor, and that’s Thunderpussy. \m/ And Midnight Larks open! I’ll always push their shows, they’re so great. Their new self titled album is out, too!
- Herobust : Terminal West : 11pm doors : $20
- Shaky Beats late show! Herobust is a bass inspired hip hop/trap producer from Atlanta. If you want to experience a bit of Shaky Beats but aren’t going to the fest itself, definitely check this out.
Saturday, May 12
- 7th Semi-annual Record/CD Sale : 170 Pearl St SE : 9am-3pm
- A local sale to help raise funds for people with outstanding medical expenses, swing by and dig through the crates! LPs and CDs for as low as $1, who knows what you’ll find in these collections.
- Mia Green : Eddie’s Attic : 5pm doors : $10
- The young and very talented singer/songwriter always puts on a charming show, make sure to catch her before she gets too big to play small, local venues!
- The Music of Lou Reed : 529 : 6pm : $10
- Early show! Anthony Decurtis & The Andy Browne Troupe play the music of Lou Reed, this is sure to be an emotional performance that any Lou Reed fan would enjoy.
- New Junk City : The Bakery : 7pm : $5
- Another earlyish show! Come celebrate the release of New Junk City’s new 7″ and dance the night away to some rippin’ pop punk. The show ends at 11, but there’s a dance party in the other room after if you’re still in the mood to groove.
- King Tuff : The Earl : 9pm doors : $18
- I love listening to him while I walk down the street, pure struttin’ music. If you like good ol’ rock n rool, glam, or ~kool dudes with attitude~ this is the one for you.
- 90s – 00s Dance Party : The Basement : 10pm : $5-$10
- These are always so much fun and a good night to make a nice lil mistake
Sorry y’all, that’s all I got for this week. I’ll be back in full force for next, though, don’t fret! See ya soon
This weeks album is Get This In Ya by The Chats, who are essentially the Australian Dino’s Boys. With seven songs at fourteen minutes, it’s pretty much the perfect album length.
AJ is a goofball who thinks he’s cooler than he actually is. Usually found reading comics at a bar, seeing a show, or getting his ass handed to him in smash bros. Loves watching movies, having hard opinions on things that don’t matter, and being cute.