Welcome back! So, I completely forgot that Hamilton started at the Fox last week and goes until June 10! There are very, very few tickets left and they’re all a couple hundred dollars, but if that’s your jam, I hope you get a good seat. This week we have the Candler Park Music and Food Fest, 529’s Tenth Birthday, and some synth meetups!
Monday, May 28
- Abuse of Power : The Bakery : 8pm : $7
- A Place to Bury Strangers : The Earl : 8:30 : $12-$15
- Gimme Radio x Records of Mass Destruction : Lil5 Corner Tavern : 8pm : free
- Prizes! Heavy metal! Dollar high life!
Tuesday, May 29
- King of Summer : 529 : 9pm : donation$
- Thommassons are on the bill, too, they’re great and friendly and emo! Tears for the Dying are post-punk from Athens!
- Gymshorts, Lunar Vacation : Drunken Unicorn : 9pm doors, 9:30 show : $7
- Hymnal Moths record release : The Bakery : 8pm
- A simple and folky yet powerful show, their new record, Be Felt is great!
Wednesday, May 30
- Brian McKnight : City Winery : 7pm : $68+ (sold out)
- Petrification : 529 : 9pm : $8
- Two completely different shows, but both great! Our boys Malefic play, too!
- Tenth Anniversary Night 1! : 529 : 9pm : $12 – $15
- Royal Thunder! Order of the Owl! Gunpowder Gray! I’ve never been able to see Royal Thunder before and I’m so excited.
- Horse Feathers w/ LONER : The Earl : 8pm doors : $15
- Always great to see our aliem friends, LONER, and Horse Feathers have been making lovely folk music for years, highly recommend if y’all like Fleet Foxes or early Bon Iver.
- Jana Horn : East Arcanum Studios : 7pm doors : $5-$10 suggested donation
- If you’re looking for something even more intimate, this one’s for you. A few solo acoustic sets and singer/songwriter folk music, prepare to cry.
Friday, June 1
- Tenth Anniversary Day 2! : 529 : 9pm : $12-$15
- The Pinx! Shepards! Vincas! What a fun birthday party
- Atlanta Synth Club Showcase : Under the Couch : 7pm : free, donations
- The beginning of synth club weekend! If you’ve ever been interested in synthesizers or want to meet some new electronic musician friends, definitely swing by, everyone is so welcoming and talented. And be sure to go to the meet at Aisle 5 on Sunday!
- Fuzzstock : Star Bar : 9pm : $15
- The Buzzards of Fuzz EP release party!
- Housewerk : The Music Room : 10pm : $15-$25
- This will sell out and prices are going up! Amtrac is djing, don’t miss this if you like house music
Saturday, June 2
- Summer Indie Craft Experience : Georgia Railroad Freight Depot, 65 MLK Jr Dr SE : 11-6pm : $5 cash
- Two-day market featuring 135+ craft & vintage vendors, great local food, swag bags for the first 250 attendees each day, the #weloveatl truck, free activities with the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library, and DJ Zano
- Tenth Anniversary Night 3! : 529 : 9pm : $12-$15
- All the Saints! and WIZARD SMOKE’s first show in five years! Happy gosh dang birthday, 529, love ya.
- Ruby the Rabbitfoot w/ Rose Hotel : The Earl : 9pm : $8-$10
- Definitely go if you’ve never had the chance to see Rose Hotel!
- Prince Music Video Dance Party : Amsterdam Atlanta : 10pm : $10
Sunday, June 3
- Atlanta Synth Meet : Aisle 5 : 2pm : free
- Hosted by the Atlanta Synthesizer Club, come check out gear, meet synth makers, musicians, DIY enthusiasts and more. Door prizes and giveaways!
So much stuff to do! Remember, feel free to send pictures to @atltodo on instagram, we’d love to see what y’all get up to.
AJ is a goofball who thinks he’s cooler than he actually is. Usually found reading comics at a bar, seeing a show, or getting his ass handed to him in smash bros. Loves watching movies, having hard opinions on things that don’t matter, and being cute.