Monday, June 25
- Tiny Scissors : The Bakery : 9pm : $5
- Faun and a Pan Flute : 529 : 9pm : donation$
- Avant-classical, buttery folk, Yukons are celebrating their new album!
Tuesday, June 26
- Dowsing : The Masq : 7pm : $10
- Feel good sad jams, Kelsi Grammar open, I heard they might play some new songs!
- CKENT : The Masq : 7pm : $10
- New rising Atlanta artist, has worked with Lil B and Yachty, there’s a chance he’ll blow up soon so catch him now!
- Klimchak : The Bakery : 8pm : $5 – $10 sugg donation
- A very meditative and percussive event, one of the most unique sets of the week for sure. Expect to see some combination of home built instruments, computerized sound design and a mess of drums, flutes and maybe a theremin!
- Semicircle : 529 : 9pm : donations
- A night of very clever singer-songwriters, Gold Connections will be interesting. A bit like a bluesier Big Star!
Wednesday, June 27
- Mortuary Drape : The Earl : 8:30 : $15
- Black metal! And death metal! There should be a black death metal band that exclusively write songs about that big ol’ plague.
Thursday, June 28
- Wussy Vol 4 Release : Atlanta Contemporary : 6pm : free
- Wussy Mag is partnering with Atlanta Contemporary’s program, Contemporary Cocktails (which happens every Thursday from 6-8)! They’re also taking pictures for their annual yearbook! So come by in support of the queer arts magazine dressed in your fanciest high school fantasy attire and celebrate their fourth volume!
- Metal McDonald : The World Famous Clermont Lounge : 9pm : $10
- Metal covers that must be seen to be believed! The Vaginas also perform! It’s Doesin’s final show ever! This seems loud and wild. LUST and Dead Red Flowers open
- Watch Out for Snakes : 529 : 7pm : $10 – $12
- SYNTHS. Chiptune, sci-fi, dark, murder, the whole synthy gambit. Sounds like the 80s and driving on the 1 late at night.
Friday, June 29
- ATL Collective Presents: Tom Petty’s Wildflowers : Buckhead Theater : 7:pm : $15 – $25+
- Handpicking the best local and national musicians to collectively cover the greatest records ever released, the ATL Collective are covering Wildflowers! They’re always such a treat and put on stellar shows.
- Hank and Cupcakes : The Earl : 9pm : $10 – $12
- Y’aaalllll these two are so much fun! If you like Matt & Kim you’ll love Hank and Cupcakes, they’re just as energetic, a bit heavier, and full of smiles.
- Haley Heynderickx : Grocery on Home : $30, RSVP required : 7pm
- If you’ve never been to Grocery, it’s one of the most unique, but very very tiny venues we have here. The show is already full, but there is a waiting list so don’t give up!
- AJ Lambert : 529 : 7pm : $10
- Nancy Sinatra’s daughter graces the 529, performing unique covers of some modern bands and a few of her grandfather’s deep cuts, will definitely be a fascinating show. One of my faves, Rose Hotel, opens!
- Null Zone Summer Showcase : The Bakery : 7:30 : $5
- Experimental cassette label Null Zone swings by from Athens with an eclectic line up including a couple local pals. Ambient guitar, modular synths, heavy krautrock
Saturday, June 30
- Tailgate Series: Lauren Morrow of The Whiskey Gentry : Coca-Cola Roxy : 2pm : FREE
- The first show of the Roxy’s Tailgate series! Come by in the afternoon for some sweet summer jams before you catch the Zac Brown band at Suntrust Park. It seems like so much fun and why not? It’s free
That’s about it from me, sorry about last week, y’all. I hope summer has treated you well so far!
This weeks music is a lil ep from Rose Hotel, Always a Good Reason! “Rose-colored muses from inside her window”
AJ is a goofball who thinks he’s cooler than he actually is. Usually found reading comics at a bar, seeing a show, or getting his ass handed to him in smash bros. Loves watching movies, having hard opinions on things that don’t matter, and being cute.