This Week in Music From contributing writer AJ Michell
Bit of a slow week!
Monday, May 21
- Nada Surf : Terminal West : 7:30 doors : $20
Tuesday, May 22
Happy World Goth Day!
- Iceage : The Earl : 8:30 doors : $16
- The Return of Material Girls! The second best show of the week, will be great theatrical fun
- Omni w/ Small Reactions : 529 : 9pm : $10
Wednesday, May 23
- Atlanta Superjam : Aisle 5 : 8pm : $5-$10
- The return of Jamtronica! And a costume party! Come dressed as your favorite space character!!
- Bloodlet : The Earl : 8:30 : $15
- Our pals Malevich open! They totally slay so get there early!
- Bambara : 529 : 9pm : $8
- The perfect show to celebrate World Goth Day, y’all
Thursday, May 24
- Bubbapalooza! Day One : Star Bar : 8pm : freeee
- Four days full of good ol’ rock n roll! Sash the Bash plays this day. Friday, it’s $10, Saturday it’s $12, no word on Sunday yet.
Friday, May 25
- Superbody and Breathers : 529 : 9pm : $10
- This is absolutely not one to miss, it’ll be a right dance party full of catchy and emotional 80s revival jams, I can’t wait!
Saturday, May 26
- Bubbapalooza Day Three : Star Bar : 8pm : $12
- Nikki & The Phantom Callers! Rod Hamdallah! Dusty Booze and the Baby Haters!
- Handsome Ghost : Vinyl : 8pm doors : $12
- Rumours – A Fleetwood Mac Tribute : Variety Playhouse : 7pm doors : $20
Welp, a bit of a slow one, but Breathers and Superbody is gonna be so fun. Next week is much busier!
Hi! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty slow, but I saw that plenty of people had a great time at Shaky Beats. Not much going on at first, as far as I know, but quite a few bigger shows later in the week. Also, feel free to send any pictures you take to @atltodo […]
Hey y’all! Sorry about the delay, Shaky Knees really screwed up my schedule but I’m back on track now, I won’t let you down next week! Did you have fun at the festival? I had an incredible time, even lost my glasses in the pit during Japandroids so sorry if there are any typos. Thursday, […]
Welcome back! How was your week? Mine was pretty great, I was lucky enough to see Baths, Stars, and Boy Harsher and they were all stellar, but I’m pretty exhausted. Definitely have to take it slow this week and prep for Shaky Knees this weekend! Hopefully the weather will be as gorgeous as it’s been […]
Hey y’all, how was your Record Store Day experience? I hope you found everything you were looking for! I hung around down there a bit, it was so packed but a couple pals got some sweet finds at Wax n Facts. Also saw some pics and footage of 420fest, hope y’all didn’t get rained on […]