Atlanta is the new hollywood, and like hollywood, we have some of the best improv, sketch and all around comedy that this country can offer. Without further ado, I give you the ‘Improv’ highlights of the week.
Tuesday (April 24)
- RELOADED w/ Red Pill Players @ Relapse Theater – a fun and low cost show with a diverse cast of characters. Getting inspired by some of the cities best storytellers and stand-up comedians, the Red Pill players make magic out of everything. With their own brand of comedy, you will not be disappointed that you skipped tacos on Tuesdays for this show. **
Find out more
Thursday (April 26)
- Comedy Bit Show Showcase @ Village Theater –> 10:30pm an extravaganza of bits; stand-up, music, improv, sketch. 5 minutes at a minute. Fast pace fun guaranteed to make you tinkle on yourself. This lineup is crazy with some of Atlanta’s favorite comedians coming by and doing their best 5 minutes. Hosted by the talented John Mangan.
>> More info
Friday (April 27)
- Superconductor feat. The Cardigan Party Improv Team @ Highwire Theater –> 8pm. Superconductor is the Highwire Theater’s weekly show highlighting many of the cities newest and experienced improvisers all in one show. Case in point, the Cardigan Party are an electric team of characters that never disappoint. Their energy is infectious and the show is just a party.
>> More info
Saturday (April 28)
- After Hours (rated R) @ The Basement Theater –> 10pm. Super fun show in an intimate theater with energetic crowds. Not a kids show. Great place for large party groups. The improvisers are amazing and hilarity always ensues. All of it is guaranteed to be a great time.
>> More Info
Sunday (April 29)
- The Bouncers + Hip Hop Harold @ Village Theater –> 7:30pm. The Bouncers are a team of tall handsome men that are consistently get confused for bouncers in real life. They are the winners of the first ever Atlanta Improv Improv league. They are worthy of watching. Hip Hop Harold is a team of ill will rhymesayers that mix improv and hip hop and they are ‘kick it’ like no other.
>> More info
- Wednesday – Saturday: World Domination Improv Festival @ Dad’s Garage – A long weekend full of improv happening at Dad’s Garage, with a special shout out to one of best improv groups coming out of Chicago to perform in the ATL, Matt Damon Improv. They are on the bill for 2 shows Friday and Saturday evenings. If you want to see a collection of crazy and distinct formats, you gotta check out this entire festival.
Have a ‘Yes And’ Kinda week and get to one of these shows. Hit me up in the comment and tell me your favorite bits or best line you hear this week.
**Disclosure: I am on this show.
Yoshee is a comedian, consultant and a cool dad who now calls Atlanta home after transplanting to the city as a trophy husband. Some describe his comedy as ‘truth slingin’ with a mix of personal introspection. Yoshee combines his take on everyday nuance with the absurdities of life’s responsibility and fatherhood. Yoshee is a founding member of the improv, sketch and stand-up comedy troupe Red Pill Players. You can catch their shenanigans every Tuesday at Relapse Theater in west midtown.